General comments

in General comments Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:20 pm
by leedaiger • 36 Posts
Last edited Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:22 pm | Scroll up

RE: General comments

in General comments Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 pm
by ElMadsen • 1 Post

Hey.

Just landed on your site after getting nostalgic after seeing NRNS. I have seen the movie a million times and is a life long fan.
Im from Denmark btw, so if i mess up some speling or something, thats why.

Just wanted to say that you did an awesome job on this site, and hope you keep researching the other actors.
Was really very sad when i read that Kent Lipham had passed away, what a seriously nice and down to earth guy. Really took his time to answer all the questions, and had some fun stories to tell from the set on NRNS. I enjoyed that very much.

I loved the interview with "Dean" aswell. Would love if you could find out more about what happend to JW Fails and especially Kathie Sileno, since i had a huge crush on her when i first saw the movie :)

Well.. anyway, dont know if your still into this stuff, but anyway.. thank you for an awesome site, and for making my night a great and nostalgic one :)

Regards
Lars Madsen
Denmark

Scroll up

in General comments Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 pm
by KT-Fan • 1 Post

German:

Hey, ich wollte mal nachfragen ob vieleicht Irgendwer die genauen Drehorte von NRNS kennt (z.b. das Dojo wo das Endturnier statt fand im Film) oder der Trainings/Spielplatz wo Jason trainierte. Ich würde diese Orte nämlich gerne mal dieses Jahr besuchen. :)

English:

Hey i would ask, if anybody know, where the places are, where NRNS was filmed. For Example the place where was the Endturnier or the outdoor place where Jason was trained. I would visit these Locations in these Year. :)

Sorry for my bad english. :)

Scroll up

in General comments Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:48 am
by No name specified • ( Guest )

Also ich fasse nochmal zusammen was ich so rauskriegen konnte:

Dale Jacoby sagte im Interview:
Ians Dojo: Dojo Sherman Oaks Karate CA , der Ring war beim "the boys and girls club" in LA, Kellys Haus war in LA.

Auf der Seite http://www.fast-rewind.com/locations_retreat.htm steht auch bisschen was:
The fight scene outside the Bar where Jason's dad works was not actually filmed in Seattle. It was shot in Los Angeles, California, outside the "Brandelli's Brig"; it is located on the corner of Abbot Kinney Blvd, and Palms Blvd.

Die Szenen bei Bruce Lee's Grab waren an seinem echten Grab.

Dann noch einige Vermutungen von Kent Lipham:
The dojo was in the valley. I think on Ventura Blvd. Jason's house was in San Pedro. Kelly's house was off of Beverly and Highland. The Gym for the final fight was a YMCA - I think in Pasadena. I believe only the grave scene was filmed in Seattle.

Wäre schon cool wenn man eine Tour mit allen Drehorten zusammenstellen könnte...

Mfg
Anatolij Kaiser

Scroll up

"stand on your own" version?

in General comments Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm
by colin • 2 Posts

Hi morris, great site, i used to message you about 7 yeara ago when i was looking for nrns on dvd, well i finally got the uk version on dvd but unfoetionately this is not the version that i look for, this one features the hold on to the vision soundtrack but the one i am looking for is the dvd with the staand on your own soundtrack, the only other versions i can find on ebay are the australian/ new zealand version and one made by a company called cintura nero which seems to be a spanish or mexican version, do you know if either of these versions of the dvd feature the stand on your own soundtrack, any help would be appreciated, you can email me at cobrien666@gmail.com or reply here, thanks, colin from ireland.

Scroll up

in General comments Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08 pm
by colin • 2 Posts

Thanks anatolij, i watched those links on youtube and it brought back some great childhood memories , now im even more determined to get this version on dvd :-)

Scroll up

in General comments Wed May 23, 2012 1:01 pm
by Wirbelwind

http://sites.google.com/site/wafilmlocations/filmsblog/noretreatnosurrender1986

Diese Seite verrät uns die Drehorte aus Seattle und macht zum Dojo in L.A. (Sherman Oaks Karate) eine neue Adressangabe. (bisher war mir bekannt: 14556 Ventura Blvd. / hier wird 16733 Ventura Blvd. angegeben)
Wenn man google maps bemüht, wäre beides denkbar... Weiß Jemand was Genaues?

Wie mir einer der Darsteller auf Anfrage mitteilte, wurden die Trainings-Szenen im VAN NUYS SHERMAN OAKS RECREATION CENTER, 14201 Huston St., Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 gedreht.
Hat sich seitdem aber ziemlich verändert...

Scroll up

in General comments Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 pm
by Anatolij Kaiser • 9 Posts

Man wir brauchen wieder ein Gästebuch! Ich wette dann wäre hier mehr los.
Nur die Leute haben wohl alle keine Lust sich im Forum anzumelden, und es wirkt hier alles tot.
Da war mir das Gespamme im Gästebuch doch lieber.
Und wäre auch toll, wenn Morris sich mal wieder hier meldet. Sonst weiß man gar nicht wie es um die Seite steht.

Scroll up

in General comments Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:25 pm
by Bumskopp Marc die Fatzke

This website made my day. So thankful someone took a real effort.

I am saddened by Kent's premature death. I wish I could have been around when he so generously interacted with fans.

Well guys...Every two years, someone is posting here I guess.

Let's keep the NRNS love alive.

Scroll up

in General comments Sun May 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Check out the American Shaolin Support website:
www.SpiritTouchRecords.com

And meanwhile the website about the locations was replaced to:
https://sites.google.com/site/wafilmloca...-surrender-1986

Here is the old guestbook:
http://www.eguest.net/eguest/gbook.php3?gb=karatetiger
Keep it alive!

Last edited Sun May 17, 2015 8:58 pm | Scroll up

in General comments Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:52 pm
by Speckwanst

Diese Seite darf niemals abgeschaltet werden! Lasst euch das nicht madig machen!

DANKE! :-)

Scroll up

in General comments Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 am
by Primu

Hallo Zusammen,
Bin hier her gestoßen, nachdem ich den Film mal wieder angesehen habe.
Eine tolle Seite mit vielen Infos, Danke dafür :-)

Eine Info hätte ich allerdings.
Es geht um ein deleted scene.
In einer türkischen Version, was ich vor sehr langer Zeit gesehen habe, gibt es ein paar Szenen mit Jason und Kelly vor ihrem Geburtstag.
Die spazieren an einem Luna Park oder Volksfest. Danach laufen die beiden an einer Tierhandlung vorbei und Kelly verliebt sich am Schaufenster in den kleinen Hasen.
Den bekommt sie am Geburtstag geschenkt, was zu ihrer Aussage dann auch passt.
Ich habe die Szene im Web auf die schnelle nicht gefunden aber nun wisst ihr Bescheid.
Viele Grüße,
Primu

Scroll up

in General comments Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:28 am
by Anatolij

Hallo Leute,
es gibt noch weitere Soundtracks, die noch nicht veröffentlicht worden sind.
Lasst uns das zusammen in die Wege leiten.

Nimmt an unserem Projekt teil: www SpiritTouchRecords ml

Scroll up

Old Guestbook and "The Last Kumite"

in General comments Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:53 am

Did anyone save the entries of the old guestbook?

I saved only the first page with the last entries:
str.bplaced.net/nrns

1200 guestbook entries on this website between 2003 and 2010 show the huge popularity of this movie during that period.

Remember the funny beginning of this website here:
web.archive.org

Kurt McKinney and the other stars Matthias Hues, Michel Qissi, Cynthia Rothrock and Billy Blanks are in Germany right now (June 2023) and shoot the movie "The Last Kumite".
Mathis Landwehr, Abdel Qissi, David “Bolo Jr” Yeung and other fighters like David Anthony Kurzhal (aka Viking Samurai) are also in the movie.

"The Last Kumite"-Links:
thelastkumitemovie.com
instagram.com/thelastkumite
facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090601762799

Last edited Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:19 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Bella
Board Statistics
The forum has 31 topics and 59 posts.